- Our cumin seed variety is rich in flavour and quality. It is used in a wide range of cuisines and has immense health benefits.
- Cumin is the dried, white fruit with greyish brown colour of a small slender annual herb.
- The surface of the fruit has 5 primary ridges, alternatively has 4 less distinct secondary ridges bearing numerous short hairs.
- The plant is 15 to 50 cm high. The aromatic seed like fruit is elongated, ovoid, 3 to 6 mm long, slightly bitter and has a warm flavour.
- The flowers are white or rose coloured in small umbels.
|Packing||30 Kg PP Bag / As per Cutomer Requirement|
|Delivery||10 to 15 days from the date of order confirmation|
|Botanical Name||Cuminum cyminum L.|
|Color and appearance||Brown|
|Organoleptic characters||Pungent, warm, slightly nutty, with an
earthy aroma and a hint of sweetness and
citrusy freshness taste
|S.No||Test Parameters||Testing Protocol||Specification||Text / Value||Unit||Value|
|1||Moisture||IS 1797 : 2017||Max||10.0||% by mass||8.98|
|2||Total Ash (On dry basis)||IS 1797 : 2017||Max||12.0||% by mass||7.2|
|3||Acid Insoluble Ash ( On dry basis)||IS 1797 : 2017||Max||4.0||% by mass||0.024|
|4||Volatile Oil (On dry basis)||IS 1797 : 2017||Min||1.5||% by mass||5.24|
|5||Extraneousvegetable matter content||IS 1797 : 2017||Max||3.0||% by mass||Absent|
|6||Foreign matter content||IS 4333 (Part-1) : 1996||Max||0.5||% by mass||0.0483|
|7||Mouldy seeds||IS 1797 : 2017||Max||1.0||% by mass||Absent|
|8||Broken||IS 1797 : 2017||Max||3.0||% by mass||1.856|
|9||Animal excreta||CFI / FSAQCL / INS / STP /
156-e / 28.04.2021 / Issue.No.1
|Max||1.0||mg / kg||Absent|
|10||Proportion of damaged/defectivefruits||IS 1797 : 2017||Max||5.0||% by mass||0.0256|
|11||Uric Acid||IS 4333 (Part-V) : 1970||Max||100||mg / kg||12.62|