• FRK is made of natural broken rice flour with micro-encapsulated vitamins premix in reconstituted rice kernels via extrusion process.
• looks, tastes and cooks exactly like traditional rice.
• deliver the added micronutrients to the consumer.
• can be customized in shape, colour and micronutrient composition.
• Comes with a good shelf life
• Mixes & cooks with staple rice homogeneously and can the ‘fortified’ rice is ready to eat.
FRK – Micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) are essential for many functions and health
Why Fortify Rice?
After Asia, rice is consumed largely in Africa. The product has immense scope of scalability as Africans have per capita consumption of 500 gms / week (approx.). FRK is the proven way of Fortifying the staple food, Rice.
During Milling process of rice, it removes the micronutrient rich layers to produce the commonly consumed white rice while polishing further removes 75-90% of vitamin B complex.
Fortifying rice provides an opportunity to add back the lost micronutrients and to also add other essential micronutrients such as Iron, Zinc, Folic acid, Niacin, Vitamin B1, B2, B6, B12 & Vitamin-A as per Food Safety and Standards (Fortification of Foods) Regulations, 2016
As per WHO report, on an average Africa has 50% Anemia among children between age of 6 months to 5 years & 35% in women between the age of 15 to 49 years.
Re export to other African nations using Free Trade facility!
Nutrients available in FRK
Vitamin A – (Retinyl-palmitate)
Vitamin B1 – (Thiamine Mononitrate)
Vitamin B2 – (Riboflavin)
Vitamin B3 – (Nicotinamide)
Vitamin B6 – (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)
Vitamin B12 – (Cyanocobalamine)
Iron – (Ferric Pyrophosphate Micronized)
Zinc – (Zinc Oxide)