It is a storehouse of protein, folic acid, vitamins, and minerals. A cup of cooked toor whole supplies around 11 grams of protein to the body. In combination with cereals, the toor dal makes a well-balanced human food. When this dal is combined with rice, a complete protein is gained.
Health Benefits of Toor Dal
- Toor dal is also an excellent source of carbohydrates, which your body needs for energy. Legumes such as toor dal contain complex carbohydrates, which are recommended because of their increased nutritional value.
- It provides many of the nutrients your body needs, such as protein, fat, fiber and carbohydrates.
- It also has a good amount of iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium and B vitamins.
- It is high in dietary fibre, low in saturated fat, and cholesterol free.
- Toor dal contains folic acid, an important vitamin for all women especially those planning to become pregnant.
- It prevents constipation and promote regularity, reduces risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes etc.
Specifications of Toor Dhal
|Damaged / slightly damaged||3%|
|Immature and shrivelled||3%|