Whole Urad: Whole Urad dal are lentil-like beans with black skins covering creamy white interiors. Whole urad dal derive their strong, earthy flavor from the black skins.
Split washed white urad: White Urad Dal is a whole or split urad with its skin removed. These lentils are creamy white in color and have a milder flavor than whole Black Urad Dal.
Health Benefits of Urad Dal
- Urad dhal is one of the richest sources of proteins and Vitamin B.
- It represent a low-fat and low-cholesterol alternative.
- It is also good for women as it has iron, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, potassium which makes it a healthy pulse..
- It is also rich in fiber which improves digestion and also has anti-inflammatory properties
- It also helps in increasing body bulk and body energy level. It strengthens the body and increases lifespan.
Specifications of Urad Dhal
|Damaged / slightly damaged||2%|
|Immature and shrivelled||3%|